6 years ago
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Missionary Discussion
Last night we had the missionaries and the two teenage girls who live next door over for the girls' first missionary discussion. We were very excited to be included in such a wonderful event. It was amazing to sit in and listen as these two learned about things that I have always taken for granted or felt was "common knowledge." We listened as the missionaries discussed Jesus' life and explain what big"scripture" words meant. I guess when you sit down and think about it you don't realize that not everyone knows about the prophets in the bible and what they did. We also went over the restoration of the gospel and talked about Joseph Smith. It was a wonderful experience to share our testimonies about what we believe and to feel the spirit that was in the room. That is another thing that I guess I take for granted. The girls didn't really know how to explain what they felt or what it exactly was. As I sat there and listened I realize that I could feel the spirit but I also always have a part of that with me. I guess that what I am saying is that it was an eye opener to realize that I always get to carry a piece of that peace with me that is confirmation to me that I know what I believe, I know where I am going, and that I have a purpose in this life. You sometimes forget that others around you may not have this. I am extremely grateful that I was able to be apart of this experience. I don't know if the girls will continue with discussions or not. If nothing else was accomplished from last nights meeting at least I was able to remember how blessed I am. With Thanksgiving tomorrow I am going to try to set aside the excitement of all that food, hard being pregnant and all, and reflect on my many blessings and my family around me. Maybe I will even be able to sit Lexi and Ray down for a little lesson that they might retain for longer then a couple of hours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How lovely! I had NO idea that they were interested at all. You are such great neighbors to do this for them! I haven't ever met them, but I imagine that your family will have a big impact in their lives. Have a happy day tomorrow!
Post a Comment