Friday, April 4, 2008

Mutual Night

I know it's been awhile since I last posted. My only excuse is I have been exhausted lately!

Last night our ward's Young Women and Young Men had the privelege of hosting the Special Needs Mutual. We did this two years ago and the kids loved it! They were all so excited to get to do this again. We started out our night with a magic show that our bishop performed. The special needs people loved it and some of them spent there time trying to figure out all the tricks. We originally were going to stop there but the show ran a little short so we brought in some music. I love how they have so much fun being together. Since I was having contractions all through the night I didn't join in the dancing but I did get some pictures of our ward dancing it up and having a great time!

Sorry the images aren't the best. The gym was kind of dark and I don't have the best camera!
Everyone doing the YMCA!

The girl in the brown and white shirt had amazing rhythm! I wish I could have videoed some of her dance "routine." Our girls loved her and couldn't get enough of dancing with her.

This picture is of my friend Britney starting the dancing conga line! She told me I had to delete this picture and I told her it was going on my blog. That's right Brit you set the challenge and I am picking up the gauntlet!


Can I just say how much I love my calling with the youth! I am really going to miss it when we all get released!

4 comments:

Courtney McKay said...

So fun! I remember doing this when I was in young women's. It is such a fun great experience! I am glad Rayden came over yesterday, they had lots of fun!

Hiatts said...

looks like a lot of fun, I remember doing this for YW a lot. hope you can have that baby soon, you looked miserable yesterday! Contractions are a good sign right?

Jake and Melese Sorensen said...

What a fun night!! I'm so sorry you weren't feeling good. Everyday I check your blog to see baby Simon. Any time, right?!!? Good Luck with everything. I'm guessing this wed. at
1 a.m. Sorry we aren't home to watch the kids!!! I'd be more then happy to come home!! Maybe we'll see ya tonight.

Hayley said...

No news? I am dying to get some baby news! Keep me posted and I hope you are feeling okay!