I know I have mentioned a little bit about Dirk's and my streak of bad luck lately. It seems to have struck again! Saturday on a whim I decided to try to ride Dirk's Bobber for the first time. I should probably mention that I have never tried to ride anything that has only two wheels by myself before except for a bicycle. His Bobber has a motor and power!!! (Okay so how many of you are saying what I am saying now...What was I thinking!?!) Well I took it around the cul-de-sac without incident so I decided to ride it up one more road to the cul-de-sac above us. I was turning it around to head back home when tragedy struck. Don't ask me what happened because I don't really know. One second I was riding the next second I was sprawled across the bike on the ground! I was going really slow luckily, but I did manage to hit my leg on the exhaust pipe. It took me a minute to realize I had burned my leg. I know in this picture it looks pretty gross!

It hurt but I didn't think much of it until this morning when it really started to hurt. I have been keeping it clean and all but I still managed to get it infected. I went to the doctor today for it and she drew a circle around the infected area. I guess it is a pretty serious burn. She put me on some antibiotics and told me to scrub, yes scrub, off the scab that has formed. I am really not looking forward to doing that. I have to keep my leg elevated and go back on Friday for a checkup. If the infection has spread they will either try a different antibiotic or put me in the hospital. The main concern right now is trying not to get staff infection. I want to keep my leg!
Now I need to sit down and have a talk with myself about doing stupid things I know I shouldn't. My nickname isn't FlapJack without a reason. I SHOULD know better then to do things that require balance! : )
3 comments:
I didn't know it was infected! You poor thing. I'm sorry I won't be here to help you this weekend. But here's to keeping two legs...
Take care of yourself!
wow hanne...that stinks big time! my little leg hurts just looking at it! good luck w/that scrub and I pray it heals quickly! although...I have always wanted a friend with a wooden leg! arrgh! (TOTALLY kidding!) :) feel better!
Motorcycle burns are the worst. I've had at least two in my younger years. Long time healing. Good Luck I hope the infection clears quickly. I went and bought some pj's today. Dirk was kind to help me find em' Take care!
Post a Comment