Monday, July 7, 2008

Simon's Blessing

Yesterday was Simon's baby blessing. I want to explain to those of my friends who aren't members of our church. In our religion we don't baptize infants. We give them blessings. Someone who holds the proper priesthood authority gives them a name and a blessing from the Lord. When they reach the age of accountability, 8 years old, then they can choose to be baptized. Dirk blessed Simon. As soon as Dirk headed up to give Simon his blessing with all the men in our family around him I was bawling. Yeah it doesn't take much to make me cry when it comes to my family! It was beautiful blessing that I know was straight from the Lord. Even though I was shaking to death I was grateful for the oppurtunity to bear my testimony and thank the Lord for the blessing of my family.
Everyone came over after church for a barbecue in our backyard. Hamburgers and hotdogs, YUM! The kids ran all over the place and had a BLAST. We made snowcones as dessert. They ate them until the ice was gone.

After the barbecue Dirk and his brothers flew airplanes at Elk Ridge Park. Once again Dirk's plane came back in two pieces. Luckily it won't cost anything to fix. Two of his brothers had a dog fight with their airplanes. It was so fun to watch. It looked like the planes were dancing with their streamers flying behind them.

The day ended up at my sister's house again. Guitar Hero was such a hit that they went and bought ROCK BAND. We had a blast taking turns on the drums, guitar, and singing. Ray was quite the rocker...

...and Dirk's got rhythm! I think we are becoming addicts to this game.

9 comments:

Eileen said...

Your baby is a doll. There was certainly no mix-up at the hospital! :) How do you find time to blog with 3 tiny tots?! I'm glad you make the time. Your blog is cute and fun.

Sarah Schwartz said...

Dirk sure gave Simon a beautiful blessing. Very touching. We are so lucky to have you guys are friends and neighbors. I am so glad our kids get to grow up together. Twin Lakes is going to be so fun.

I really like the intense look on Dirk's face playing the drums. ;)

Courtney McKay said...

He is so cute!! I agree with Eileens comment!! Guitar hero is a must!!!

Chanelle Lund said...

Hi!Thanks for the invite, I love to see what your family is up to! Love the Bobbers and the YW camp pics. I miss my days of being in YW, you will never forget it!!
I was wondering how you made snowcones for Simon's blessing- do you have a machine or did you rent one? We are throwing a company party next week and wanted to do snow cones too.

Hayley said...

I love the rock band too. Love it. Maybe we should have a neighborhood rock band party! The blessing was really nice too. And I love the 4th outfits!

Chanelle Lund said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try the snowcones! My camera is a Nikon D40 and I LOVE it, I'm having a lot of fun playing with the different things it can do, it's my latest obsession!

Hiatts said...

so sad I missed the blessing, simon is getting huge and such a doll definately he is yours.

Kylene said...

Congrats on Simon's blessing. He looks so cute dressed in his white outfit and that adorable smile! I think when you become a mom you deserve to cry at events like that. :)

I also love your 4th of July outfits. So very cute.

Guymon Family said...

I'm glad everything went so well for simon's blessing. The blessing Dirk gave was so precious. He really put a lot of thought into it. I actually started Simon's quilt! I am so pathetic. Doesn't really need a blankie these days does he. It is soooo darn hot! Oh well at least he'll know we love him.