Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ray's First Day



If you had asked me two weeks ago whether or not Rayden was excited about school I would have said he didn't want to go. He never would talk about school and he would get his grumpy face on if you tried. Then we went backpack shopping. He had a heyday going through all of them and picking out his perfect backpack. He LOVES his Spiderman! He got even more excited when we took Lexi to her first day. I think he kinda missed her around the house in the morning. He still didn't seem super excited though. Lexi always gets so excited that it almost makes me want to grab a hold of her and make her stay young for a little longer but with Ray he just didn't seem to care if school started or not. That has made me feel more anxious for him to go and learn! Yesterday morning we set off to school and he was actually excited to go. On our walk there he did have one request, "Mom, you will come inside with me, right?" How can you turn that down when he is looking at you with those big blue eyes full of worry? I couldn't so I told him that of course I would come in. He was the first kid to show up with his friend Alyssa close behind. They walked in together. Ray went right over to his cubby and showed me the bee there that marks his spot. He hung up his coat and backpack and stood there for a second like he wasn't sure what to do next. Teacher Billye Sue came in with play dough and I had lost him! I was no longer needed so I made my way out the door.
I feel so old now! When did I get old enough to have two school aged kids?! The house is empty without all that noise. Simon actually took a nap longer then 20 minutes while Lex and Ray were gone!
When I picked Rayden up he couldn't stop telling me about school. He loved it! He played with play dough and cut it up into shapes. They read a story about a mouse who went to school and went downstairs to play. He played with the cars! They also made cookies that he couldn't wait to go home and eat. The first thing he asked though when I picked him up was if we were going to go to the park. Hmmm....I guess he remembers last year when we stopped at the park everyday after picking Lexi up. We of course stuck with tradition and stayed to play. Ray had a bonus though of having two friends stay and play with him, Allie and Cole. He didn't complain when it was time to go and get Lexi from school. He is excited to go back to school tomorrow!

4 comments:

Mandi Moon said...

How cute! Sounds like Dylan and Ray go to the same wonderful preschool. Dylan had a blast too!

Sarah Schwartz said...

I'm so glad that Allie & Ray are in the same class. Having her best buddies there make it easier to send her to a new place.

Morrells said...

Two kids in school sounds like heaven! They are cute!

Hayley said...

Yeah for Ray!