Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday


1. 9 years-I am thankful for the early years with Dirk where we started building our marriage and getting to know one another. I am thankful for the joy and emotions when we had our first child and the added joy that was brought to us when the next 2 children were added. I am thankful for the all the blessings we have received as a family. I am thankful all of the hardships that Dirk and I have faced that have only made our bond stronger. I am so thankful that 9 years ago I said yes to the most wonderful blessing in my life. Last night Dirk asked me if he could have the next 9 years of my life as well. How about the next 90 to eternity instead?

2. Big Sky-Dirk and I were sitting on our deck last night enjoying 4 different things. The first was each others company. The other 3 were the full moon to the east of us, the wonderful lightning show to the west of us and sky full of stars to the north of us. How wonderful that we could sit and enjoy and make another memory.

3. Primary Songs-Nothing can lift my spirits like music. I love my calling in the church as the junior singing chorister. I always pray that I can get the message of the songs across to these young children. It warmed my heart the other day when I heard my 4 year old singing Teach Me To Walk in the Light. A year ago he would throw fits through singing time. I am so glad to have this testament that he is feeling the spirit through music. I am so thankful.

No comments: