Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Baby Blessing

Our Fourth of July weekend was pretty much the same as it is every year. We went to the fireworks with family. We went to a parade and were loaded with candy. The kids got new outfits. What did make this year's holiday so special is this little one....



Kynlee's blessing was on July 3. Dirk gave her a beautiful blessing. She wore the dress that I've had hanging in the closet for 4 years in the hopes that Simon was going to be a girl and would wear it. I made her headband, flower and all, and she looked beautiful. She was surprisingly good through the whole blessing and even cooing and smiling for Dirk for a few minutes afterwards. After that she became the colicky little stink we know and love. (Thank goodness she has grown out of that stage now!) We had a great bbq at our house afterwards and survived the extremely hot day. We are so very blessed to have Kynlee as part of our family.



As a side note. The next week or so after this Lexi "borrowed" the camera without permission and forgot about it. The camera was lost for over a month and I thought I had lost these pictures for good so I had Dirk's brother take some more. Our neighbors found the camera in their camper the next week. Here are some pictures that Jake took for us.


No comments: