Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday


1. New Job-So it has been a year since Dirk switched jobs and I have tos ay I am so thankful that he did. He really hit me this week how much happier he is and also how much more time he gets to spend with the family. We went to the store the other night after dinner and we ran into one of Dirk's old coworkers. He was just barely getting off of work and it was 7pm. Dirk and I started talking about how we wouldn't be able to go anywhere during the week since he got off work late and then had to shower and eat. By that time it was time for the kids to go to bed. I hope that I never get complacent about this blessing in our lives of having Dirk around more often.

2. Holiday breaks-In one way I am glad that my kids are back in school now. We are back on schedules and things around the house are getting done again, but I LOVED having my kids home for a couple of weeks. We got to spend so much time together. We didn't get to do all that I wanted to do but we still had fun. During the break my kids were able to get psyched up again about school and learning. The break was a great strengthing time for our family.

3. Crawlers-Ok so this one is kind of two-sided and bittersweet. I am so excited to announce that Simon is all over the place now! He has decided that crawling does benefit him. He can follow Mom and Dad everywhere and he loves to get into his toy basket all by himself. I am so sad that he is growing up so quick. I swear I just had the kid! The growing up years just don't last very long! :( I am a little nervous about Simon figuring out that he can get into lots of stuff but I am so excited that he is learning new things!

5 comments:

debbichrist said...

Hey! I haven't left a comment in a while, but I'm always reading! I'd wish you well, but it seems like life is pretty great for you! Happy to hear! :)

Ballard Family said...

I am so with you, I seriously feel like I had Lincoln a month ago, and he will be one next month! Why does it have to go so fast? I love your Thankful Thursdays!

Sarah Schwartz said...

Crawling? It just doesn't seem possible. The baby stage just doesn't last very long at all. You're right, watching them grow is bittersweet.

Courtney McKay said...

It is so sad how fast the time goes by withkids!!! Crawling!! Fun and trouble, all at the same time!!!

Guymon Family said...

Yikes I can't believe it has been a year since Dirk quit and Simon is CRAWLING! I totally stink as a visiting teacher. WE are definitely coming by for a visit this month! Glad you had a fun CHristmas and that is a GYNORMOUS airplane!