
1. Pretend Monsters-The other day the kids were running away from a pretend monster. They thought they were so scared because they couldn't get away from it. Then Lexi decided to pray for the monster to go away. Afterwards she told Rayden that Heavenly Father got rid of the monster and they didn't need to run away anymore. I am thankful that through the power of pretend I can see their small testimonies or prayer.
2. Accountants-Because seriously, without ours I don't know if I could handle these business taxes. I am so afraid I am going to screw something up! Our accountant is golden and worth every penny we have to pay him!
3. Marble jars-We started marble jars with our kids a couple of years ago to good results. We reintroduced them a few months ago to excellent results! The basic idea is that if the kids do a chore of something nice for someone else they get marbles in their jar. The bigger the deed or the thought put into it. the more marbles they get. When they fill their jar they get a special treat. For our kids it is a trip to the dollar store. Lexi has really grasped this lately and has been doing all sorts of things to earn marbles. She has now made it a habit to make her bed in the morning. She even sometimes will make Mom and Dad's bed. She usually asks if she can have marbles as soon as she is done, but she is creating good habits for the future and I'm loving it!

4 comments:
Your kids are so cute! Don't you love the power of their testimonies, and how it applies to their life? Your family is just so cute! I hope you guys are doing well!
I love your marble idea!! Cute!!
Rayden looks so cute in his little soccer uniform. Jett is begging me to play. Where did you sign him up and what nights does he go?
I like the marble idea, I may have to try that.
Post a Comment