1. Alter Egos-I am no superhero but I do have an alterego! A couple of weeks ago for singing time in Primary I dressed myself up as Sister Singer. I wore this huge afro wig with a headband and coke bottle glasses. I had a big apron on and inside the pockets were objects that represented the different songs we were singing. The kids loved it. Even though almost all of them knew it was me I felt more confident to do some silly and fun things. I love how when I 'hide' behind something I am more willing to do things than I am as myself. My kids keep asking when I am going to dress up again. They will just have to wait and see!2. Breastfeeding-I absolutely LOVE to nurse my babies. I am in a minority around here, but I can't help it. Simon is almost to the weaning point and it makes me soooo sad. There is just something about spending 15 minutes at a time with just me and my baby. Nursing time is so different for me than any either one-on-one time. Usually I recite nursery rhymes or sing to my baby, but sometimes we just sit together and stare into each others' eyes. There is a look that I get from my baby that I never see any other time. I can just feel myself connecting with him on a whole new level. I just want to cry when I think about losing this time with him. It is a time I cherished dearly with Lexi and Ray and I will store all my memories of it with Simon too.
3. Sound of Birds-So Monday we had about a foot of snow fall on us. It was way depressing. I am really looking forward to Spring and getting outside and digging in the dirt! (I know I'm weird but I love yard work.) My spirits were lifted though as I was getting ready this morning. I could hear the birds singing outside. I was reminded that Spring has to come and it is almost here! The weather WILL get warmer. I am so grateful to those birds for singing. I can now keep going with a glad heart!

2 comments:
So Im still new & kinda retarded with this...but I love that big main picture of your kiddos! So0o cute!
Thank you for another Thankful Thursday. :)
Post a Comment