Happy birthday Dirk! My hubby turned 32! I have been meaning to post all week about Dirk's birthday but life has gotten the better of me lately. Dirk is like a rare wine. He just gets better with age! For the last month I have been trying to decide what I could do to make his birthday special. I love to surprise him but I couldn't think of anything. A week before his birthday his dad got a new motorcycle and an idea struck me. I called his parents and we arranged everything. I was going to buy Jay's old bike and surprise Dirk with it the Sunday before his birthday! I made a card and we stuck the key inside. It took Dirk 10 minutes to actually open the card. He was afraid of what was inside! He thought we were joking at first but we eventually persuaded him that he was now the proud owner of a '94 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500!

I wanted a picture of just Dirk on his bike but Simon wouldn't let go of his Dad. He loves just to sit on the bike too. Dirk really deserves this bike. He has always wanted one but he always puts his wants off for us. He isn't a selfish man. He always takes care of his family first; not just our needs but our wants also, before he thinks of himself. He works so hard and I wanted to see him get something he really wanted. I am so glad I was able to do this for him. The kids love going for rides with him and he loves to take them for short jaunts. I love to ride with him too.I can feel his joy in his bike when I ride with him. Tuesday night we rode to Richmond and back and it was a great time! I could ride anywhere on that thing just to see how happy it makes him!
Happy birthday, honey! You really are the best!
2 comments:
Thats so awesome! what a great wife you are, and it is so true Dirk really is such a great person. (Happy Birthday to him!) I miss our little chats in nursery and getting to hear about your family! We'll have to do a couples bike ride one of these days. (since Brett just came over and bought my brothers bike we'll have to get him and Brittany to come to)!!!
Happy (late) Birthday to Dirk!
Post a Comment