Friday, May 22, 2009

Field Trip #1

My first field trip as a field trip mom! Can I just tell you how much I loved it? This last Wednesday was kind of a play day for Lexi's class. In the morning us room moms got to 'babysit' the classes for Teacher Appreciation. We made a book for Mrs. Richardson. We took the story "The Mitten" and let the kids illustrate the pictures. Then we bound it all up and gave it to her when she got back from break. After that we all headed out to Meikle's Dairy Farm. Rayden was a little disappointed that he wasn't allowed to ride the bus but he thought it was great to watch them driving ahead of us. I think the highlight of the trip was getting to feed the baby calves. They loved it! They were allowed to walk all over and see the farm equipment and then they got to go into the milking barn. They watched the cows enter and get washed and hooked up to the milking machines. There was a lot of walking involved but I think I was the only one to feel it since I have a gimpy leg and I had a 20lb baby strapped to the front of me! It was so much fun to get to go with the class. Next week they are going to Willow Park Zoo and I think I might tag along for that one as well!
Lexi's Kindergarten class.


2 comments:

Mandi Moon said...

How fun is that!? I used to have a calf that i had to feed with a bottle like that when I was a kid. His name was Spot.

BTW...regarding the flowers. Do you want R/W/B mixed together into one flower??? I've already been dabbling with some ideas for some 4th of July flowers, so maybe now I'll just actually get them done in time! =)

Mandi Moon said...

I sent you an email. But I don't know if you got it. Will you email me a pic? amanda_lampkin@yahoo.com