Monday, December 29, 2008

Milestones

It absolutely amazes me how fast kids grow up! I can't believe that Simon is 8 months old already! He is such a joyful addition to our family. He is always ready to charm everyone around him with his dimply smile. He brings new meaning to the phrase "Smile a Mile!" Everday he is learning more. On Christmas Eve he reached a milestone of his first haircut! He doesn't have much hair but it was starting to look like a combover on the top so I bit the bullet and had Dirk trim it up for me. Thankfully there was enough to save a lock for his baby book! He is such a handsome little guy!
This morning he finally reached a milestone that seemed to be taking him awhile. Simon LOVES to stand. He hates tummy time! I finally found the motivation to make him crawl! I put his favorite treats a few feet from him. He was soooo mad at me for not just giving them to him. When he realized I wasn't going to give in to him he got up and crawled to his treats. I knew he could do it but he likes to try and get us to give into him first! He has quite the stubborn streak! So YAY! my baby is kind of crawling but not to the point where he is into everything!

No comments: