Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday


For Thankful Thursday this week I wanted to list some of my favorite Christmas "things." They really make this time of year the best for me.


1. Christmas music-I have a few favorites here. I LOVE 'White Christmas' but only when it is Bing Crosby singing it. I am in love with his voice and for me you just can't mess with the classics! My other favorite is 'O Holy Night.' It is just a beautiful song. I also have added a couple new favorites this year. The first one is the song we taught the Primary for our Christmas Devotional, 'Could I Hold the Baby.' It is absolutely the best song. I actually started tearing up on Sunday when the kids were practicing. My other new favorite is 'Joseph's Lullaby' by 'MercyMe.' It is on my playlist so if you haven't heard it listen to it. It is another song that could make me cry if I let it. I know I am a baby!


2. Hot Chocolate and Homemade Goodies-I love when it gets cold and you have an excuse to curl up with a mug of hot chocolate and gorge yourself on christmas cookies and chocolates. I think my favorite goodies are my mom's homemade chocolate covered cherries. She makes them every year even when she doesn't want to just for me. I am so grateful every year. It just isn't Christmas without them!


3. Snow!-The best of Christmas' have lots of SNOW!!!!! This year is looking to be a pretty good fall. I wish it would snow everyday in December and then go away with the new year. It seems to be doing just the opposite and most years now we are lucky to get any snow before Christmas. I am soooo glad that this year is looking to be a White Christmas. The kids are almost out of school and then I plan on doing a lot of sledding, and snowmen, and sledding, and snowballs, and sledding!

No comments: