Thursday, July 16, 2009

She's Got Skills

Last year Dirk started teaching Lexi how to ride her bike. She was doing pretty good by the time it was too cold to ride. I guess all those months of winter thinking about it and not getting to practice scared her. She hadn't gotten on her bike all summer until last week. She wasn't so sure she could ride it anymore no matter what Dirk and I told her so I went for drastic measures. We bribed her. I know it isn't the best solution but it worked this time. She has been dying to get a new zebra Webkinz and I told her she could get it when she proved to me that she wasn't afraid of her bike anymore. So on Sunday Lexi pulled her bike out of the garage and had her Dad help her out. (Both my kids refuse to let me help them. They don't have much confidence in my 'holding upright' abilities.) Dirk never really had to help her. She was off and he just jogged along beside. Lexi told me later that she didn't know Daddy wasn't helping her until she looked sideways and saw him running. Next she said, "I was doing so good, huh, mom?" She's too cute.


I wish this picture wasn't so blurry but you deal with what you get. All of Lexi's friends were on the side of the road cheering her on, literally. They kept shouting, "Rah rah ree, Go Lexi!" I just love it. Lexi has been on her bike everyday this week. She even rides it across the street to her friends' houses. Monday night she even road her bike with Dad down to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Rayden is seeing how much fun she is having and he is now practicing so he can be just as good. You gotta love the sibling rivalry!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I love how Lexi, Nicole and Ady have to go for bike rides now....they are so funny! I'm also so sorry about the painting, I really hope Adyson didn't make to omuch of the mess...