Friday, July 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday


1. Family Time-I love time to reconnect with my husband and kids. 3 days and nights of nothing but family time is heaven. We had a blast together and I wish it never would have ended. Seriously, is there any better way to spend your time than with the ones you love the most?

2. Clubs-Lexi and her friends started a club today. It is called the "Best Friends Forever Club." That right there just makes me smile all over but the list of activities makes me smile and warms my heart. They have to go for bike rides together, have a barbecue with their families, color, and have pb&J sandwiches for snacks. They made a list of everyone who is invited to the club and they made sure to include all friends who weren't at the first meeting. I am very proud to say I made the list! Bring on the BBQ! :)

3. Pioneers-This only seems fitting that I mention these amazing people as tomorrow is Pioneer Day. I once talked in church on this subject and I remember panicking because they wanted me to talk about my pioneers. I didn't have ancestors who walked across the plains so I wasn't sure how to take this subject. I ended up doing all sorts of research on my family and learning a lot. I talked about the pioneers in my family and how they found the church and the hardships in their lives. I learned a lot about them and my love and appreciation is very strong. Tomorrow I will definitely be thinking of them and how their sacrifices differ from the pioneers that commonly celebrated but how those sacrifices made all the difference to my life and my family.

No comments: