Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rayden Turns 6


Time flies. I swear this boy shouldn't be this old already. I asked Rayden what kind of birthday party he wanted and he told me he wanted another train birthday. I asked him if we could do something else since we did trains the last 2 years. So instead he chose a Lego Birthday party. I thought his cake was going to be easy this year. I was just going to make a rectangle cake with a couple of cupcakes on top to resemble a Lego block. No, Rayden found a different cake that he wanted. It was a little more difficult and a lot more time consuming. It didn't turn out exactly like the picture but Ray was happy and that is all that mattered to me.
Rayden invited his friends over and we played with lots of Lego's. We had a treasure hunt to find the treat boxes and the kids had a blast making towers out of their Lego candy!

The week after Rayden's birthday he was the hero for the day in his Kindergarten class. He was so excited to create his very own flag.

I got to go to school with him and hear all about why Rayden is a hero in his class. Then I got to share why Rayden is a hero at home. We got to read his favorite story to the class, 'The Little Engine That Could', then we showed them all lots of pictures of Rayden as he has been growing up and things he likes to do. I got a little teary eyed watching him sit in the chair next to me just beaming with pride! He was so stoked to be the center of attention for a few minutes. Before I went home the class lined up into two lines and Rayden got to run through them and give everyone a high five.
I am so glad that Rayden has such a wonderful teacher who finds what is special in each child and takes the time to celebrate them. To me that is so much more important sometimes then the other skills they learn and I am glad he got to experience such a great day.

No comments: