Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Final Chapter

You know that feeling when you are waiting for the last book of a series to be published? Or when you finally get it and you are at the final chapter. Everything you wanted to know is about to be concluded and it is such a bittersweet moment. You want to know how it all ends but you are dreading the end. You don't want it to be the end. The story needs to go on because you feel almost like you have become part of the story. The other day I was thinking about all of this and how it can apply to life too. Sometimes it feels like you have waited most of your life for what you have always wanted. The time goes slowly and your dream starts to become reality and you couldn't be happier. But as that dream reaches its climax you realize that you are at that "final chapter" in this stage of life and it is such a bittersweet moment. That is where our family is at right now. We have reached a 'final chapter' so to say. We are so very excited but at the same time it is a little sad to be moving out of this stage of life. So I guess now is the time for plan speaking. The conclusion to the Sorensen family is coming in May 2011.
Yes we are expecting baby #4, and all of us are very excited. We feel so blessed to add this one last member to our family. As I compared this exciting news to my analogy I got thinking though of the one difference between this real life miracle and the excitement of the ending of a good book. We don't have to set the story down and guess how it would continue. We get to live it out and see where we end up. So, yes, I am a little sad to think that after this baby I will never be pregnant again and get to feel the wonder of a new baby, but I get to see where each of our four miracles will go from here and where they will end up. It is exciting and we are greatly anticipating our newest addition and the blessings we know they will bring to our family.

6 comments:

debbichrist said...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy these moments as much as you can!

Amanda said...

Congrats Hanne & family!

Mike & Ilse said...

So, you got pregnant on the cruise then, right? :)

Hanne and Fam said...

No. Actually I was pregnant on the cruise but we didn't confirm it until the day after we got back.

Nicki said...

That is great but I think it is sad to think that you are done with being pregnant. Now on to the good stuff like football and cheerleading. he he you are an awesome mom. Good luck and Congrats!

Eileen said...

Congratulations! You have the cutest kids. I think you should have 10 more.