Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Some weeks are harder than others to come up with 3 things I am thankful for. This week has been really hard. Between watching my sisters 4 kids for 2 days and getting my kids last minute school things together it has been really hectic. So with that said here are the 3 things I came up with this week to be thankful for.

1. A minute to myself-Having a minute or two to myselft has helped me to sit down and think. By doing this blog once a week I have been able to make sure I get that minute and that it isn't a wasted one. I am thankful for the peace it gives me to take the minute and use it wisely to find things to be grateful for. It helps me to put a perspective on all the crazy things that are happening during the day and to stop stressing if it isn't going as I planned.

2. Priesthood Blessings-Every year the night before school starts Dirk sits down and gives each of the kids and me a blessing. Last night we did this and before Dirk started he explained to Alexia and Rayden why these blessings are important and why he is the one to give them. Lexi was a little sad that Daddy wasn't getting a blessing but was ok after we told her Daddy asks his Dad to give him one when he needs it. It is beyond nice to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home who can be the Lord's mouthpiece to give my children and myself guidance when it is needed.

3. The Neighborhood-Now there are many reasons for me to be thankful for my neighborhood. The thing I am thankful for especially this week is how close my neighborhood is to everything I needed to do this week. We have done a lot of walking to save on gas and to help me get back into shape! My kids have been troopers as we have walked to the elementary school a few times this week, the preschool, and the park a few times also. On our last journey home Lexi did tell me that her legs were falling asleep but she made it. ;) I am just so grateful that I was able to enjoy the good weather with my kids and get some of our errands done!

No comments: