Since our trip to Temple Square lots has been going on. I hope I can remember it all my mind is so frazzled lately! We went to visit Santa!

My kids were so excited to go! They had been begging me for quite a while. I am upset my picture didn't turn out better but when there is a line they only let you have one shot! At least I have one with all three kids and my sister is a bonus! Lexi hopped right up on Santa's lap and told him she wanted a Hannah Montana guitar. Ray told Santa he was too big to sit on his lap but he wanted a big train for Christmas. Simon just tried to steal Santa's beard! Now Lexi just keeps reminding everyone that the elves are watching so we have to be good. She doesn't always listen to her own advice though!
Friday night was our ward Christmas party. Lexi was an angel for the Nativity play. She was so excited! She wanted to wear a halo so we made one out of some wire garland and did her hair like her dance recital. Lucky for me we already had to attempt that hairdo! She was beautiful on the stage with all the other beautiful angels! I got to watch from backstage. I ended up there helping the kids remember when it was their turn to go onstage and to keep some sort of order before then. Oh, young children are the best!

We got our first snow this week!!! YEAH!!! Christmas is always better with snow! The kids woke up and were so excited. They immediately put on their snow clothes and ran outside to help Dad shovel the driveway and sidewalk. I would say there was just shy of 6" outside and it was still snowing.

When Simon saw his first snow he got way excited. He grabbed the blinds are started to do his excited "Oooooo!" I bundled him into his snowsuit and took him out. He wasn't too sure about sitting in the snow but he loved the sled!


When Simon saw his first snow he got way excited. He grabbed the blinds are started to do his excited "Oooooo!" I bundled him into his snowsuit and took him out. He wasn't too sure about sitting in the snow but he loved the sled!

Every spare minute I have had this week I have spent on a special Christmas present for a family member. I can't say right now who or what because I don't want to ruin the surprise! It has taken hours so far and I have many hours yet to go!
This week's agenda is packed! We have our ward Christmas Devotional tonight. I am singing in the choir and I also have to lead the Primary kids in their song. I am so excited. I loved devotionals. They de-commercialize the holiday and bring it back to where it should always be! Thursday is Lexi's school program and I am helping out the Single's Ward in the evening. Friday is Lexi's school party which I am in charge of and I HAVE to work on that present some more! Friday night we have a Christmas Party that is going to be a blast! I still also have to finish my neighborhood gifts and deliver them and do my visiting teaching but I am looking forward to this busy week. Next week the kids are out of school so we are going to bring on the fun!

5 comments:
Eileen e-mailed me some pics of the angels, and I will tag you in facebook with them. They are darling! I hope you can fit in all the fun this week! We will be home on Thur and most of the day on Fri if you need a break from the kids!
I love Simon in the sled. That is too funny!
3 comments:
- That is the saddest Santa I've ever seen. He looks as if he has been crying and isn't very joyful at all. :(
- You have the most beautiful angel ever!
- Simon in the sled...lol - awesome! :)
Poor Simon looks like the kid from The Christmas Story... when the mom puts the little brother in the snow suit and he can't even move his arms... :) still cute tho.
Post a Comment