Lexi was in heaven to get spend time with Mady. They don't get to get together too much and Lexi just adores her older cousin. Simon thought Mady was pretty fun too. I love this video of her making him laugh!
Saturday we got up bright and early so we could go to the parade in Lewiston. It was just Dirk, me, and the kids but we had a blast anyway! Simon found a puddle on someone's driveway and played in it for forever! He has the cutest little toes!
We ended up sitting near a friend of Lexi's from school and they played while they waited for the parade to start. Here they are playing Bubble Gum in a Dish...some games never go out of style!
Dirk and I hosted a bbq at our house for our families. It was so much fun and the afternoon was nice and overcast so it didn't get too hot outside. Even if had we were prepared with water balloons to cool everyone off. Dirk and I didn't want to do hamburgers and hot dogs again so we decided to make shish kabobs. They were really good....go Dirk!
I'm not sure why but I got a creative bug in me after the parade so I went and bought some supplies and made a few decorations for the serving table. I think they turned out pretty cute and the kids loved it when they opened their firecrackers and found Rolos.

1 comment:
I like the rolo's firecracker idea! Looks like you are having a fabulous summer!
Post a Comment