Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday


1. My House-A little over a year ago Dirk and I were living in our 2 bedroom upstairs with 2 kids and one on the way. Our basement was being rented to Dirk's brother and his family. They moved that summer and we were able to spread out to the basement also. This gave me a total of 2600 square feet to live in. It felt HUGE! I know my house is smaller than most peoples' homes but I love it! I am not a huge person to wake up in the morning and just get up to my elbows in cleaning. I am so thankful that my house isn't any bigger. As my kids get bigger I am sure that I will wish that I had a little bit bigger of a house but it's small size will hopefully keep us close. If Dirk could grow up in a house smaller than ours with 4 brothers and 1 sister and they still like each other I am sure we can do it also! So here is my shout out to small homes that are easier to clean!

2. Mechanical Abilities-Not my own but Dirk's. It is that wonderful time of year again where we need to register our truck. In years past Dirk was working for Accurate Automotive and he never really 'did' an inspection on the truck. He just kind of passed it every year. Shhh don't tell! This year he had to take it in to be inspected. He took it to the local tire shop and they called him an hour later to let him know that we had $1000 of repairs that needed to be done. He kindly asked the guy what and then told him that he used to be a mechanic and would fix it himself. So yesterday he went and got the parts to do the job and it only cost $150. So, yes, I am extremely thankful that Dirk can do this job at home! He just saved Christmas!!!!

3. Hot Shower-Oh that sounds so good right now! I am really looking forward to jumping in the shower this morning. I love hot showers! I love to sit in there forever and let the steam melt away all my stress for a few minutes before I have to join reality again. There is nothing better than this for me. It is my "me" time! I am soooo thankful for a hot shower and the water heater that can accomodate my pleasure!

3 comments:

Kylene said...

I love your thankful posts. They ALWAYS make me smile.

Hayley said...

I feel the same way about my house, we are lucky to live where we live! And I think many people would kill for a 2600 sq. foot house. We have much to be thankful for.

Hayley said...

I feel the same way about my house, we are lucky to live where we live! And I think many people would kill for a 2600 sq. foot house. We have much to be thankful for.