That is what I keep asking myself this morning? Rayden and his good friend Allie were playing this morning in the basement. They always play really well together so I rarely go down and check on them. They came running up the stairs today and told me they wanted to dry off in the sun. !!!!!!!! Wait, why do they need to dry off? I take a good look and Rayden is SOAKED from head to toe. Allie wasn't quite so wet. I asked what they were doing. They were playing with Lexi's tea party set. I went downstairs and this is what I found.

The picture actually makes it look not so bad. There was an inch of water on the bathroom floor. The spots you see in the pic are where the carpet is REALLY saturated. The whole hallway was wet. They had more water all over Lexi's floor and Rayden's floor. This all happened 10 minutes before I had to get Lexi from school.
After I sent Allie home to get dried off I put Rayden in a timeout while I called Dirk to calm down. I felt like snapping. After I was sure my head would stay attached to my neck. I had Rayden help me get some towels and lay them out on the floor. Then we went and got Lexi from school and finished the job when we got back. The carpet is still pretty damp but I think it will be okay. Rayden is now being the biggest helper around the house. He knows I was pretty upset. At least there is a bright side to how it all ended!
3 comments:
Crap! That sucks, hopefully it all dries out!
I am soooooooooooooooooo sorry Hanne!
Allie came home a bit damp (my first fear of a potty accident weren't realized -thank goodness!) and she told me that she and Ray had played tea-party in Lexi's room and spilled "a little bit" of water. I had no idea it was so bad. You should have let me know so I could have helped clean up. Ugh! I guess we can be glad it was only water...instead of nail polish?
It's good to know that Dylan isn't the only one who does this! Dylan has this fetish with playing with water in the bathroom. Luckily I have usually caught him before he gets an inch of water on the floor, but next time you can call and vent to me if Dirk isn't available because I feel you pain on this one! :-)
Post a Comment